In today’s competitive and digital world, business and technology are no longer separate. Companies of all sizes are using technologies to facilitate many of their business operations.
Whether you are in a highly saturated and competitive niche or a less populated one, the right tools will help pave the road ahead toward achieving your business objectives.
The list below is a compilation of tools to increase productivity, improve customer relationships, create visuals, track website traffic, engage social media followers, improve communications, optimize for SEO, and easily collaborate to help you run your business.
- Slack: Facilitate messaging and chatting features with this team collaboration tool. Save time by finding all relevant conversations in the same place.
- WebEx: A high-quality online meeting tool where users can host and join meetings, share documents and screens, pass control between team members, and write on virtual whiteboards.
- Hosted PBX: Telephony solution where a telephone switching system is accessible over a network in the cloud. Save money on software and hardware.
- Troop Messenger: An intuitive messenger tool to help team communications. Enhance collaboration with video calls, screen sharing, and other chat supporting features.
- Zoom: Cloud-based services, including online meetings, video conferencing, mobile collaboration, and chat features.
- ly: Creates shorter URLs to fit character limitations on social media such as Twitter. Can also track marketing initiatives via analytics.
- Fleep: Facilitate team communication by combining the messenger application and email features. Integrate file-sharing, messages, and emails in one place for easy access.
- SEMRush: Comprehensive digital marketing tool with features such as keyword research, technical SEO audit, position tracking, competitive analysis, and identifying backlink opportunities.
- Microsoft Teams: Video conferencing tool that comes bundled with Office 365. Streamline communications from remote locations in high-quality virtual meeting rooms.
- Quip: A Salesforce productivity tool to effectively communicate and collaborate securely across any device.
- Text Optimizer: Explore connections between your brand’s keywords and semantically related terms to optimize your content.
- G-Suite: A set of interconnected tools from calendar and email, to sheets and docs, to Google Hangouts and video conferencing. This toolset runs the full gamut of collaboration and cloud computing tools. Team members can work on documents at the same time, communicate via chat, and view each other’s calendars.
- GoToMeeting: Video conferencing tool where you can easily share screens in real-time and organize meetings.
- SocialOomph: Simplify social media marketing by simultaneously uploading multiple posts, improving engagement rates, scheduling posts, and analyzing followers.
- ContactMonkey: Newsletter designed for internal communications to collect real-time feedback and send responsive emails.
- Nextiva Hosted VoIP: Spend less money on on-site hardware, gain more calling capabilities, and eliminate maintenance with voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). Rather than building and maintaining servers, hosted VoIP takes care of all your telephone needs with their data centers.
- Asana: Organize, track, and manage team workloads. Create projects, set deadlines, chat about tasks, and assign work to teammates all in one place. You can monitor project progress with a suite of reporting tools.
- Ryver: Communicate better with this messaging platform. Create an unlimited number of teams and use filters to control who sees which posts.
- Calendar: Improve how you leverage your digital calendar with this AI-powered time management app. Integrate with other digital calendars such as iCal, Outlook, and Google Calendar.
- Trello: Web-based project management application that simplifies project collaboration. Set up boards for projects, add cards for tasks or steps, assign tasks, add timelines, and set priorities.
- 10to8: A booking tool that makes it easier to schedule internal meetings and appointments with clients seamlessly. Easy to set up and syncs with most popular calendars such as Google and iCal.
- Harvest: Monitor your budget and time team members spend on tasks or projects. Harvest includes reporting and invoicing features.
- Hootsuite: Create engaging posts, automatically publish content based on your schedule, and track effectiveness for all social media campaigns in a single platform.
- Canva: Canva is an excellent tool for non-designers to create beautiful visuals such as social media headers, flyers, and images with custom dimensions.
- Powwownow: Instant, hassle-free communication with team members, clients, and colleagues from anywhere at any time. No bridging fees for global conference calls.
- Sprout Social: Engage your social media audience, increase your social reach, build stronger relationships, and measure your performance.
- ProProfs Project: Improve business productivity, team communication, and collaboration with features such as threaded replies and internal notes.
- Scoro: Comprehensive project management solution, including team collaboration, contact management, reporting, and billing.
- Basecamp: Intuitive interface and team collaboration features such as message boards, projects to manage multiple team members’ work, reporting on project performance, separate client dashboard, and email and desktop notifications.
- Ahrefs: Optimize your website using site audits, analyze your competitors, see what your customers are searching for with keyword explorer, see top-performing content in your niche, and track your ranking profess with this comprehensive SEO toolkit.
- Skype: Communications platform with free audio and video calls, group calls, file sharing, and instant messaging.
- Asana: Combination of collaboration, file storage, and project management features.
- ProofHub: An alternative to conventional email, ProofHub offers a replacement that integrates multiple project management features and other tools under one roof.
- Podio: Podio is a highly customizable and flexible online hub for team communication. Features include assigning tasks, attaching and sharing large and encrypted files, project budget tracking, automating workflows and sales pipelines.
- com: Collaborate and communicate with team members in one shared hub from anywhere at any time.
- Buffer: Grow your audience, tell your brand story, and increase authentic social media engagement.
- Fintenza: Evaluate traffic quality with this advanced website analytics tool using a bot detector that identifies bad traffic as well as its type and source.
- Ubersuggest: Provides keyword suggestions to improve SEO rankings and generates keyword ideas for content marketing.
- Buzzsumo: Use this research tool to generate ideas, gain insights into high performing content, identify influencers, and monitor your performance.
- Workplace: Connect remote workers and everyone in your company using groups, rooms, chats, and live video.
- Tweetdeck: Free to use and available to Twitter users, Tweetdeck monitors your Twitter activity and schedules your tweets.
- org: Get more online visibility by discovering the most popular hashtags for your niche and using them in your content.
- Moz: Paid and free SEO tools to increase rankings, traffic, and visibility using backlink analysis, conducting site audits, and doing keyword research.
- PicMonkey: Use filters, collages, and overlays to create and edit images for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and more.
- Bitable: Create entertaining, engaging, and informative short videos to share on social media.
- Google Trends: View the latest trends, search volume, data, and visualizations in your region or country. Explore topics and compare how keywords relate to each other.
- Time Doctor: Time tracking software and task management tool that integrates with communications, accounting, and project management software.
- AgoraPulse: Schedule content, engage your social media followers, measure your performance from reports, and manage all your social media accounts in one place.
- Hotjar: Analyze and understand your website visitor’s behavior by using metrics from heat maps, click maps, and scroll maps.
- Chanty: Boost communications with this AI-powered team chat app. Get in touch with others quickly via group, private, public, or one-on-one conversations.
Another useful tool we recently found is
ContactOut: use this extension to find your leads’ contact information on their LinkedIn profile. It also works on Github.
There is no shortage of business tools available on the Internet. You should have no difficulty finding a tool for almost any of your company’s needs. From creating visual content, tracking your online traffic, and improving SEO, you can find tools to achieve your maximum potential and meet your business goals.